Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'll call you= sometime before I die, if I think about it

Blogger has been on the fritz a lot lately, and it just made me reset my password! Crazy blogging system, if it is not working, it doesn't know you. 

This post was not a complaint post about blogger, I promise, but rather a (semi)review post. Yay! I have been reading Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson and it is such a cute book! This is a semi rather then full on review because I am not done with it yet! Eep! It is a great introduction into magic! If you think you are not the type of person to be into the "magical realm", this book is perfect to see if you are because... wait for it.... the main character has no magical powers what-so-ever! It is a simple book about the magic in New York City and how a normal (non-magical) girl from Texas could save it all! I am going to leave it at that but you should defiantly check it out! 

My second review is on a cd. The new Lady GaGa cd, Born This Way. Gaga is the type of person you either love or hate. (even though I think everyone should love her!) She is so smart if you ever watch an interview with her or read an article she is very intelligent! This CD was great! I am really glad I invested $10 in it. I say it is great but doesn't compare to The Fame and The Fame Monster! (Those were FANTASTIC!)

 -Marry the Night- Catchy. Reminds me of the house music in Jersey Shore in the chorus!

-Born This Way- Fabulous, thats all I have to say. Love, Love, Love this song!

-Government Hooker-.... Um the name says it all, only Gaga could pull off a song with this title and throw a shout out to JFK and his affair with Marilyn Monroe in it and it still be good and not annoying!

-Judas- Please people do not take this song literally. She is not in love with Judas Iscariot, she is simply in love with a guy who betrayed her. She is Catholic. (I like this song!)

-Americano- Gaga has so many ranges to her voice, and this song her voice is beautiful, if you focus on that and not the techno beat!

-Hair- Similar to Born This Way... Same message.... '"I just want to be myself.... I am living just as free as my hair"

-Scheiße- Gaga in German sound great! One of my favorite from the CD..."I don't speak German, but I can if you like"

-Bloody Mary- Slower... probably my least favorite on the cd

-Bad Kids- Hard-core Gaga! but she sounds pretty singing the chorus! Has an 80' pop feel to it!

-Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)- Gaga has some killer beats on this album and this is one of them! plus the title is fun :)

-Heavy Metal Lover- just as me and Elizabeth gave Gaga kudos for having such clean songs, this one comes on and lets just say the first line not so clean. But it has the same upbeat-techno sounding beat as the other songs (literally even if you hate her and the lyrics you will love the beats)

-Electric Chapel- I honestly have not really listened to this one.... Oops.

-Yoü And I- Favorite song on the album by far! Sounds like the old Gaga!

 
-The Edge of Glory- My other favorite!!!! Ah you cant help but sing this song!

There you have it folks! My review for the Gaga album! Have you heard any of it? What's your thought? And has anyone else had troubles blogging?!

Love and Rockets.
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment